Selena Williams, Bachelor Arts Macq , Graduate Diploma Archives Admin UNSW, Master of Arts (Hons) UNE. Her previous work related to Australian nurses who served overseas and who applied for land after World War One within the Soldier Settlement Scheme. She has been employed as an archivist at State Records of NSW, Western Sydney for eleven years. In this capacity she has undertaken research into many aspects of Australian history, although is particularly interested in land settlement in NSW and how government policy at a State and Commonwealth level impacted on the Returned Soldier Settlement Scheme. Selena is currently a PhD Candidate at the Australian National University in Canberra researching Australian women who served with a country that was not Australia during World War One.
‘A Land Fit for Heroes?’ is a website dedicated to the memory of Soldier Settlement in NSW. The colours used in this website, the rich browns, reds and oranges reflect the colours of rural NSW. This is the colour of the dust that blew across eastern Australia in September 2009.
It is the same earth that soldier settlers farmed.
- Your story, your life and your difficulties should never be forgotten. Rest in Peace now Paddy Boylan
- Arthur Campbell Robinson – Mullumbimby Soldier Settlement
- Index to Returned Soldiers Loan files now online
- Keeping the home fires burning!
- Difficulties faced on the land by a dependent of a Deceased Soldier